Defense Against Deportation
In the United States, there are numerous reasons as to why an individual or family could face deportation. At the Scheer Immigration Law Group, our New Jersey attorneys provide experienced defense against deportation. If you or a loved one are facing deportation in the U.S., contact our office right away to get the help you deserve.
Defense Against Deportation | Grounds for Deportation
The grounds for deportation in the United States include:
- Gaining residency in the United States through fraud
- Being convicted of certain crimes, such as drugs, assault or DUI
- Failing to notify U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of any address or status change
- Having an expired visa
- Illegal entry into the United States
- Posing a terroristic threat
If you were charged with any of the above infractions, you will be given a Notice to Appear (NTA) from the Department of Homeland Security and will have to appear before a judge. We look at all of the evidence against you and fight for your rights in court against unjustified deportation.
Defense Against Deportation | How We Can Help
Just because the threat of deportation is looming over you doesn’t mean that there is no hope of avoiding deportation. At The Scheer Immigration Law Group, we help prove that:
- You are of commendable moral character.
- You have been living in the United States continuously without incident for at least 10 years, or at least five if you have a green card.
- You didn’t commit the crime in question.
- Any deportation would have an irrevocable effect on your family.
The deportation process is complex and unforgiving, but we can help you prove that your potential removal from the country is unjustified. Our New Jersey deportation lawyer has more than 25 years of experience with deportation cases, and with that knowledge on your side, we can give you the defense your case deserves. Contact our office today.