The Top 5 Reasons Why New Jersey Families Should Apply for Deferred Action
As a large and diverse state, New Jersey is home to a vibrant and dynamic immigrant community. However, many undocumented immigrants in the state face significant challenges when it comes to accessing basic rights and services. One solution that can help these families is Deferred Action, a federal program that provides temporary relief from deportation and allows eligible individuals to obtain work permits. In this blog post, we will explore the top 5 reasons why New Jersey families should consider applying for Deferred Action.
- Protection from Deportation: The most obvious benefit of Deferred Action is that it offers protection from deportation. Once an individual is granted Deferred Action, they are authorized to live and work in the United States for a specific period of time, typically two years. During this time, they can renew their status and continue to live in the country without fear of being deported.
- Access to Work Permits: Deferred Action recipients are also eligible to apply for work permits, which can greatly improve their quality of life. With a work permit, individuals can legally work and earn a living, providing for themselves and their families. This can be especially important for undocumented parents who are trying to support their children.
- Eligibility for Driver’s Licenses: In many states, including New Jersey, individuals who are granted Deferred Action are also eligible to apply for driver’s licenses. This can make a huge difference for families who rely on a car to get to work, school, and other important appointments. Without a driver’s license, many undocumented immigrants are forced to rely on public transportation or ride-sharing services, which can be expensive and time-consuming.
- Access to Educational Opportunities: Many Deferred Action recipients are able to pursue higher education, which can lead to better job opportunities and higher wages. In some cases, individuals may even be eligible for financial aid, scholarships, and other forms of assistance that can help them achieve their goals.
- Peace of Mind: Perhaps the most important benefit of Deferred Action is the peace of mind that it can provide to families. Without the constant fear of deportation, individuals can focus on building their lives and contributing to their communities. This can be especially important for parents who want to provide a stable and secure environment for their children.
Additionally, it is important to note that the Deferred Action program is subject to change and it is crucial to stay up-to-date with any updates or changes to the program. Consulting with a knowledgeable immigration attorney can help ensure that your application is submitted correctly and that your legal rights are protected.
It is also worth noting that while Deferred Action can offer temporary relief from deportation, it is not a permanent solution. It is important to work towards a more permanent solution such as obtaining lawful permanent residency (green card) or citizenship if possible. An experienced immigration attorney can help evaluate your eligibility for other forms of relief and guide you through the process.
Deferred Action is a valuable program that can provide significant benefits to New Jersey families. It offers temporary relief from deportation, access to work permits and driver’s licenses, eligibility for educational opportunities, and most importantly, peace of mind. If you are an undocumented immigrant living in New Jersey, it is important to explore your options and consult with an experienced immigration attorney to determine the best path forward for you and your family.
The Scheer Immigration Law Group is a team of experienced immigration attorneys who can assist New Jersey families in applying for Deferred Action. Our attorneys have years of experience working with immigrants and can provide guidance and support throughout the application process.
Here are a few ways The Scheer Immigration Law Group can help with Deferred Action:
- Determine Eligibility: Our attorneys can help determine if you or a family member is eligible for Deferred Action. We can evaluate your immigration history, criminal record, and other factors to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Prepare and Submit Application: Our team can assist in preparing and submitting your Deferred Action application to ensure that it is complete and accurate. We can also help gather the necessary documentation and evidence to support your case.
- Monitor Your Case: Our attorneys will keep you updated on the status of your Deferred Action application and any changes or updates to the program.
- Pursue Other Forms of Relief: If you are not eligible for Deferred Action, our team can explore other forms of relief, such as asylum, cancellation of removal, or other types of visas that may be available to you.
- Protect Your Rights: Our attorneys are committed to protecting the rights of our clients throughout the immigration process. We will advocate for your rights and work to ensure that you receive fair treatment under the law.
The Scheer Immigration Law Group can provide the legal support and guidance you need to navigate the Deferred Action application process. Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to helping New Jersey families achieve their immigration goals and protect their rights. If you are interested in learning more about Deferred Action and how our team can help, please contact us today.