I-751 Petition for a Green Card
Do you have questions about getting an I-751 petition for a green card? Check out this article, then give our New Jersey lawyer a call today.
1) Working While an Adjustment Application is Pending
- After a 60 day period you are usually issued a work permit once an application for adjustment of status is pending.
2) Abusive Spouse Not Filing the I-751 Form
Are you looking to obtain a ten year green card but facing abuse in your home? As a New Jersey Immigration Attorney, I was recently asked about converting a two year Green Card into a ten year if the person was suffering abuse by their spouse.
- Their is a waiver for the I-751 that allows you to bypass the joint signature needed to complete the form. You will need to document the reason for the waiver.
- Once you complete the waiver, you will also need to submit evidence of the abuse by either phones, hospital records, or affidavits. You will also need to prove that the marriage was made in good faith and not just for citizenship.
3) Requirements to File an I-751 Petition
- You must convert your two year Green Card into a permanent 10 year Green Card.
- You must file 90 days prior to your conditional Green Card expiration date.
- You must prove your marriage is legitimate by joint documentation.
If you have more questions about filing an I-751 petition for a green card, contact our experienced New Jersey Adjustment of Status Attorney to help you and get started on your case today.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel