Helping Individuals and Families in Essex, Morris and Sussex Counties Avoid Removal
Since 1987, The Scheer Immigration Law Group in Morristown, New Jersey, has defended individuals and families in danger of being deported to their countries of origin. Deportation is a serious issue that can tear apart families and ruin lives, but our firm helps build a defense to prove that you should be allowed to remain in the United States.
Various Grounds for Deportation Exist
In the United States, there are numerous reasons an individual or family would face deportation, including:
- Gaining residency in the United States through fraud
- Being convicted of certain crimes, such as drugs, assault or DUI
- Failing to notify U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of any address or status change
- Having an expired visa
- Illegal entry into the United States
- Posing a terroristic threat
If you were charged with any of the above infractions, you will be given a Notice to Appear (NTA) from the Department of Homeland Security and will have to appear before a judge. We look at all of the evidence against you and fight for your rights in court against unjustified deportation.
Canceling Deportations and Removals
Just because the threat of deportation is looming over you doesn’t mean that there is no hope of avoiding deportation. At The Scheer Immigration Law Group, we help prove that:
- You are of commendable moral character.
- You have been living in the United States continuously without incident for at least 10 years, or at least five if you have a green card.
- You didn’t commit the crime in question.
- Any deportation would have an irrevocable effect on your family.
The deportation process is complex and unforgiving, but we can help you prove that your potential removal from the country is unjustified. Our Morristown immigration lawyer has more than 25 years of experience with deportation cases, and with that knowledge on your side, we can give you the defense your case deserves.
Call The Scheer Immigration Law Group Today for Valuable Deportation Defense Services
Call our Morristown, New Jersey, office at (973) 984-8400 or contact us online today to schedule a consultation regarding your deportation case. Our firm represents individuals and families throughout Morris, Essex and Sussex counties.