4 Things You Need To Know About Family Based Immigration
Do you need help proving someone is an American citizen? Read the 4 things you need to know about family based immigration, then contact us.
1. The Status and Requirements for DAPA
- Deferred Action for Parents of Adult Citizens or Green Card holders.
- Any citizen or Green Card hold that has been a US resident for the last 5 years with no serious criminal history is eligible for DAPA.
- You can obtain a social security card and a driver’s license once approved.
- DAPA is not a Green Card or Citizenship, it is only a 3 year work permit.
2. Proving Your Child is a Citizen if Born Abroad
- The embassy will provide a Consular Report of Birth Abroad form.
- This form is proof of identification, but does not give you the ability to travel.
- You should also apply for a Certificate of Citizenship, which allows you to obtain a passport for the child.
3. Including Your Spouse and Children in a Green Card Application
- Your spouse and minor children are always included in your Green Card application.
- Usually your spouse and children can be named as derivative beneficiaries.
4. Being Sponsored By Your Father Without His Name on the Birth Certificate
- A DNA test may be needed to prove you are biologically related to your father.
- You may also need to provide proof of an ongoing child-father relationship.