Being Sponsored By A Parent
Do you have questions about being sponsored by a parent? Check out this article about family based immigration, then give our lawyers a call.
Being Sponsored By Your Father Without His Name on the Birth Certificate
- A DNA test may be needed to prove you are biologically related to your father.
- You may also need to provide proof of an ongoing child-father relationship.
Being Sponsored by Your Stepfather
- You are able to be sponsored by a stepparent as long as you biological parent was married before you turned 18.
- If you are living abroad, you can file the I-130 Visa Petition and interview at the US Embassy.
- If you were over the age of 21, this process can take a bit longer to complete.
Being Included in Your Mother’s Sponsorship
As a New Jersey Immigration Lawyer, I was recently asked about being included on a parent’s sponsorship because that person was a minor at the time.
- The Child Status Protection Act was passed in 2002 to help children of sponsored immigrants from being aged out at 21 and being removed from their parents application.
Are you looking into being sponsored by a parent? After reading this article, contact our experienced New Jersey Immigration Lawyer to guide you and get started on your case immediately.
Like us on Facebook