How To Win Your Family Immigration Claim
Have you recently become a U.S. Citizen and want to know how to win your family immigration claim? Read our article, then give us a call today!
Status and Requirements for DAPA
- Deferred Action for Parents of Adult Citizens or Green Card holders.
- Any citizen or Green Card hold that has been a US resident for the last 5 years with no serious criminal history is eligible for DAPA.
- You can obtain a social security card and a driver’s license once approved.
- DAPA is not a Green Card or Citizenship, it is only a 3 year work permit.
Can I Sponsor a Family Member if I Just Became a Citizen?
As a New Jersey Immigration Attorney, I am asked by a client who recently became a citizen, when they can start to sponsor their family.
- You have the eligibility to sponsor a spouse, children, adult children, and even siblings.
- Spouses and minor children can take up to six months, while married children cases can take up to seven years, and sibling sponsorships can take up to ten years.
I-601A Approval and it’s Time Frame
- You must have an I-130 Immigrant Visa Petition approved.
- You may only need to leave the U.S. for a period of 2-4 weeks.
Proving Your Children are Citizens
As a New Jersey Immigration Attorney, I am often asked what can be done to prove that any children of an immigrant who was recently appointed U.S. Citizenship are also citizens.
- You will need the N-600 form to apply for a certificate of citizenship.
- You will need to supply a copy of your naturalization document and that the child is biological yours or adopted.
- Stepchildren are not eligible to acquire citizenship.
Have you recently become a U.S. Citizen and want to know how to win your family immigration claim? Contact our experienced New Jersey Family Immigration Lawyer to help you and schedule your legal confidential consultation and case evaluation.
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel