What You Should Know About Permanent Residency
Do you or your loved one need help with immigration related legal matters? Here is what you should know about permanent residency. Call us now!
1) Requirements to File for Citizenship
- You must be a Green Card holder for at least 3 years or have married a U.S. citizen.
- You must have lived inside the U.S. for 51% of the time
- You must be a law abiding citizen with no misdemeanor or felonies.
2) Prior Arrests Preventing Citizenship
- A minor violation or misdemeanor arrest will not affect your citizenship application.
- Having a record of sexual assault or a drug crime will have a negative impact on your application.
3) Taking the Naturalization Exam in Your Native Language
- Exemption is based on your age and how long you have had your green card.
- Medical exemptions caused by a mental or physical disability which are approved by a doctor.
Do you or your loved one need help with immigration related legal matters and have questions about what you should know about permanent residency? Contact our experienced New Jersey Permanent Residency Immigration Lawyer to get started on your case and schedule your first legal consultation.
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel