3 Family Based Immigration Tips
Do you have questions about immigration? Check out these 3 family base immigration tips, then contact our New Jersey lawyer to get started.
Sponsoring Your Parents
- You must become a U.S. Citizen in order to sponsor your parents. As a Green Card holder you can sponsor your spouse, minor children, or unmarried adult children.
- It can take a year and a half to sponsor a spouse, and over seven years for unmarried adult children.
- You will be able to file for U.S. citizenship once you have had your Green Card for five years.
I-601A Approval and it’s Time Frame
- You must have an I-130 Immigrant Visa Petition approved.
- You may only need to leave the U.S. for a period of 2-4 weeks.
Being Included in Your Mother’s Sponsorship
- The Child Status Protection Act was passed in 2002 to help children of sponsored immigrants from being aged out at 21 and being removed from their parents application.
Do you have questions regarding immigration and our 3 family based immigration tips? Contact our experienced New Jersey Family Based Immigration Attorney to guide you and get started on your claim.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel