Commonly Asked Adjustment of Status Questions
Are you filing for adjustment of status and have questions? Read our answers to commonly asked adjustment of status questions, then call us!
Can I Work While an Adjustment Application is Pending?
- After a 60 day period you are usually issued a work permit once an application for adjustment of status is pending.
How Can I File a Work Authorization Form Through Adjustment of Status by Marriage?
As a New Jersey Immigration Lawyer, I am often asked why you must file an I-765 form during an adjustment of status through marriage if your spouse does not want to work in the U.S.
- It is a good thing to complete because the work authorization document resembles a NJ drivers license and can be used as identification.
- You will be able to apply for a social security number, and gain a driver’s license.
- This also gives the ability to work outside the home if that person change their mind.
How Can I Receive an Adjustment of Status through Marriage of a U.S. Citizen?
- You must enter the US lawfully.
- Your spouse-to-be must be a US Citizen, not a Green Card holder.
- You must demonstrated that you have a job and are working.
What are the Requirements to File an I-751 Petition?
- You must convert your two year Green Card into a permanent 10 year Green Card.
- You must file 90 days prior to your conditional Green Card expiration date.
- You must prove your marriage is legitimate by joint documentation.
Are you filing for adjustment of status and have more questions? After reading our answers to these commonly asked adjustment of status questions, contact our experienced New Jersey Adjustment of Status Lawyer for aid.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel