Naturalization and Becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident
Do you have questions about naturalization and becoming a lawful permanent resident? Check out this article for guidance, then give our office a call.
As a New Jersey Immigration Lawyer, I am often asked how to replace a lost naturalization certificate when wanting to sponsor a relative.
- The Naturalization Certificate is replaceable but takes up to a year to replace. You must fill out a N-565 form.
Translating Your Documents for an Embassy Interview
I am often asked if a person interviewing at the US Embassy should have their documents translated.
- It is necessary to translate your documents, including birth certificates, marriage certificates, and divorce judgments to English. These translated documents must be certified.
- The National Visa Center reviews to determine if someone has the proper paperwork needed for their interview.
Taking the Naturalization Exam in Your Native Language
- Exemption is based on your age and how long you have had your green card.
- Medical exemptions caused by a mental or physical disability which are approved by a doctor.