Things That Could Prevent Citizenship
Are you wondering what things that could prevent citizenship? Check out this article for guidance, then call our New Jersey attorney today.
Requirements to File for Citizenship
- You must be a Green Card holder for at least 3 years or have married a U.S. citizen.
- You must have lived inside the U.S. for 51% of the time
- You must be a law abiding citizen with no misdemeanor or felonies.
Prior Arrests Preventing Citizenship
- A minor violation or misdemeanor arrest will not affect your citizenship application.
- Having a record of sexual assault or a drug crime will have a negative impact on your application.
Losing Your Citizenship from Moving Abroad
- As long as you are a US citizen from birth or naturalization, you are free to live in another country without loosing your citizenship.
Replacing a Lost Naturalization Certificate
- The Naturalization Certificate is replaceable but takes up to a year to replace. You must fill out a N-565 form.
Are you wondering what things that could prevent citizenship? Contact our experienced New Jersey Permanent Residency Attorney to help you and get started on your case today.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel