What You Should Know About Your Adjustment of Status Claim
Are you filing for adjustment of status? Here is what you should know about your adjustment of status claim. Contact our New Jersey lawyer.
Working While an Adjustment Application is Pending
- After a 60 day period you are usually issued a work permit once an application for adjustment of status is pending.
Why Do I Have to File a Work Authorization Form by Marriage?
- It is a good thing to complete because the work authorization document resembles a NJ drivers license and can be used as identification.
- You will be able to apply for a social security number, and gain a driver’s license.
- This also gives the ability to work outside the home if that person change their mind.
Filing an Adjustment of Status through Marriage of a U.S. Citizen
- You must enter the US lawfully.
- Your spouse-to-be must be a US Citizen, not a Green Card holder.
- You must demonstrated that you have a job and are working.