4 Non-Immigrant Visa Tips
Are you wanting to extend your stay on your Visa Waiver? Check out these 4 non-immigrant visa tips, then call our New Jersey lawyer today.
1. Visa Waiver v.s. B Visitor Visa
- A Visa Waiver is a program that 40 countries engage in, but only lasts 90 days.
- With a Visa Waiver you must travel to the U.S. Embassy in the United States.
- The B Visitor Visa requires you to visit the U.S Embassy in your home country.
2. Extending a 90 Day Visa Waiver
- The Visa Waiver Program allows people to obtain a quick visitor visa without going to the US embassy for 90 days as long as you do not have a criminal record.
- You are unable to extend your stay past the 90 days and you are unable to convert the waiver into something else.
- If you visit the US Embassy and provide proof of your plan, you can stay up to 6 months, but you would need to file an I-94 authorization.
3. The Requirements for an L-1 Visa
- An L-1 Visa promotes the transfer of skilled employees from foreign countries into the US, which can help our economy.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of one year working with the foreign company.
- An important relationship between the foreign company and the US company must be in existence.
4. Work Authorization with a Valid Tourist Visa
- B1 Visas can not be used to find employment in the U.S.
- B2 Visas are strictly used for visiting pleasure.
Are you wanting to extend your stay on your Visa Waiver and have questions about these 4 non-immigrant visa tips? Contact our experienced New Jersey Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer to guide you and schedule a legal case consultation and evaluation.
Like us on Facebook