3 Permanent Residency Tips
As a New Jersey Immigration Lawyer, I am frequently asked questions relative to these 3 permanent residency tips. Call our New Jersey office today.
- You must be a Green Card holder for at least 3 years or have married a U.S. citizen.
- You must have lived inside the U.S. for 51% of the time
- You must be a law abiding citizen with no misdemeanor or felonies.
Prior Arrests Preventing Citizenship
- A minor violation or misdemeanor arrest will not affect your citizenship application.
- Having a record of sexual assault or a drug crime will have a negative impact on your application.
Losing Your Citizenship from Moving Abroad
- As long as you are a US citizen from birth or naturalization, you are free to live in another country without loosing your citizenship.